Saturday, December 14, 2013

Currently - December 2013

Reading-
Old copies of Runner's World magazines. I just want to flick pages or read an article in bed, hoping by reading about running I'll feel better prepared about my upcoming marathon. Usually though the articles have the opposite effect and I have butterflies in my tummy as I try to fall asleep.

Watching-
Mad Men series 6. Amazing!!! I think it is better than the last couple. I am still constantly swinging between love and hate for Don Draper.

Drinking-
Beetroot juice. Daily. The shelves are empty when I leave the supermarket.



Eating-
Far too many mince pies. They will be weighing me down on my run!

Listening to-
Christmas music!! Hooray!!
I started playing it this week while I baked in the kitchen-it seriously makes me so happy! ( Am easily pleased!)  I also get very excited when the American radio station VOA (which I sometimes listen to in the car) plays a Christmas song, momentarily I forget that I am living in Kuwait.

Thinking about-
My marathon....which is next week in Thailand...arrrr....and the holidays!!
I am so excited about my trip to Australia after my marathon that I've had a few sleepless nights this week. I am so excited ! Did I just say that! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.
I'm also thinking about all my friends and family that I won't see this Christmas...but I've had some lovely chats on the phone recently and that helps. I'll be home in Scotland for a holiday before you know it!

Taking photos of-
The beautiful sunrises and sunsets at the moment. I don't think Kuwait has looked so pretty! This was taken when the Red Arrows came to Kuwait a couple of weeks ago.



Feeling-
Happy. I'm happy at work, although running on fumes at the moment; I'm lucky to be working with such great people this year and I'm not taking that for granted. I'm also so happy more of my friends have recently taken up running. More running buddies for me!!



2 comments:

  1. You will make it through the marathon successfully! Running buddies probably help a whole lot!

    I hope you get a little break soon around Christmas, that might help with the fumes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so...fingers crossed!!sadly I'm running the marathon by myself- but it's been great to train with friends.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!